Thursday, March 6, 2008

Writing Seminar

Today I attended a writing seminar with an ex-friend/ex-enemy and my bassist's older brother. It was interesting and I felt I got alot out of it. It was exiting. I was worried when i first read my poorly written short story outloud in front of the strangers. I wanted to write about what goes on in the mind of a killer. So when I read it, it was at first treated with shock. There was a long three seconds of silence around the room until the host talked about how he enjoyed the visuals and the psychological aspects. Others piped in to comment on the 15 minute work also. However, I noticed that over half of the stories were about personal tragedy and trauma. I left the room knowing everyone; and everyone knew me. However it wasn't from a formal introduction or set frame of aquaintance. It was a shared interest in storytelling and a company of misery and laughter.

No comments: